Whitestone Farm, Stanbury, Keighley, West Yorkshire BD22 0JW • +44 (0)1535 644644
OS grid reference: 986373
From Leeds/Keighley/M1 direction, head to Haworth. Then:
- drive west towards Stanbury and Colne, through Stanbury village, down steep hill past the Old Silent Inn (on your left), then uphill again along same road
- pass a Victorian chapel 'Scartop Sunday School' at the roadside on your left
- ignore a left turn to Ponden Watersports and Ponden Guest House, continuing on Scar Top Road that now skirts the north side of Ponden Reservoir for a quarter of a mile
- approaching the head of this reservoir, drive slowly: our turn is the first possible turn LEFT on a blind bend to the left. In daylight you can see our access bridge as you descend the final slope. At the turn there is a fingerpost saying Pennine Way, and our own hand-painted sign saying Whitestone Farm. If you take the next left turn saying 'Weak Bridge' you have gone too far
- over the small stone bridge, turn immediately right through a large double-metal farm gateway (please reclose gates if you find them closed) and drive up the steep track through fields to our buildings (there is another gate to open at the top of the hill)
From M6, take the M65 and A6068 to Colne
- continue on this road through Colne as though heading for Keighley. At Laneshaw Bridge turn right where a sign indicates 'Haworth' and 'Scartop' and drive over the moors for about 3.5 miles, passing Watersheddles Reservoir on your right, and roadside signs saying 'Welcome to Oakworth'
- just after 'Moor Lodge Country Retreat' and 'Scartop Shopping Village' on your left, follow the main road forking right downhill (towards 'Haworth', 'KWVR' etc)
- continue past Silver Hill Farm, halfway down the hill on your right
- at the bottom of the hill, ignore a right turn saying 'Weak Bridge' and take the next possible right turn, before the triangular warning sign 'Scartop welcomes careful drivers'. The turning is partly concealed by flanking stone walls but is marked with a painted sign 'Whitestone Farm' and a fingerpost saying Pennine Way
- over the small stone bridge, turn immediately right through a large double-metal farm gateway (please reclose gates if you find them closed) and drive up the steep track through fields to our buildings (there is another gate to open at the top of the hill).
Call us on 01535 644644 if you get lost – but beware of lost mobile reception once you are in the bottom of the valley